Why should you use a Remediator for your Mold Project?
Any home is susceptible to mold growth especially in areas of the home where water is commonly used such as kitchens, bathrooms, or laundry rooms. Sometimes you can see the mold growing and sometimes there is just a musty odor or symptoms commonly experienced by people sensitive to mold. When should you call a mold remediation professional?
SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita is the restoration and remediation leader in Wichita, Andover and Derby for nearly 20 years and we have gathered a lot of experience working with mold in that time. Sometimes when the mold you have is less than 10 square feet it is ok to do it yourself if you use the proper safety equipment and tools.
Even then if you don’t know why the mold grew in the first place you could see it back again in a few weeks stronger than before. The risk with improper remediation is putting the spores into the air by simply wiping mold or removing drywall. Even using bleach or other chemical cleaners is not good enough because even dead mold can be toxic.
Calling a professional remediator like SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita a call offers several advantages:
- Identify the source of growth: since we are also a water restoration company we are already trained and equipped with what we need to identify where water is coming from, what materials are wet and what needs to be done to correct the water intrusion.
- Proper Containment: when necessary we set up an airtight containment which will prevent mold from migrating from the area we are performing work to the rest of your home
- Air Scrubbers: sometimes employed to create negative pressure to prevent mold migration keep the air clean by sucking in and filtering mold particles. It also keeps our technicians safe and continue to run for 48 hours after remediation is complete.
- Experience: With nearly 20 years working for Wichita under our belt we can offer many solutions to the problems you are experiencing.
- Licensed and Insured: We are certified and licensed for mold work and our work comes with a 2 year warranty which transfers between owners. So if you are selling your home and have a buyer nervous about mold this is an excellent solution.
Give SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita a call today at 316-684-6700 and we can get started on an inspection and estimate today!