Staying Prepared: Storm Events in Wichita KS
Kansas weather, need I say more? Unpredictable is an understatement. Being prepared for storms is so important, when weather does strike having the items you need on hand will give you a peace of mind. We recommend creating a “disaster supplies kit” to keep stored for in your household in the event of an emergency.
You will want to keep your kit stored in airtight plastic bags or containers. Here are a few items we suggest, that could help keep you safe:
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Water?(one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food?(at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to?turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
- Whistle (to signal for help)
Keeping these items on hand will keep you prepared for anything. If you have a basement or a bathroom that you go in case of a storm, storing these items there for easy access is recommended. As always, if your home or business is affected by a storm event give SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita a call (316) 684-6700.