SERVPRO at Woofstock 2017!
SERVPRO heroes rocking the booth at Woofstock in Sedgwick County Park! Great pups, great people and a great event! Come on down next year!
Almost everyone who works here at SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita has a dog and everyone here loves them. For the third year in a row we had the opportunity to take part in one of our favorite events in Wichita: Woofstock 2017! It was a great time where we met a ton of great people and great puppers. The overwhelming community support for the animals was truly moving and the fact that everyone had fun while raising over $250,000 dollars speaks to both how great an event Woofstock is and how much compassion is in Wichita residents.
The money we raise will help the more than 16,000 dogs, cats, and little critters that come through the Kansas Humane Society’s doors. The Kansas Humane Society does not receive any kind of federal, state or local government funding and relies entirely on private donations and fees for services they provide.
We have been doing restoration in the Wichita, Derby, and Andover area for 16 years and in that time we have been in many homes and businesses and met many companions and pets. We see first hand how they provide so much comfort and love for people and us them. We just wanted to say thank you to Kansas for caring about these little critters as much as we do!
How SERVPRO is Helping Wichita’s Fire Safety.
We have smoke detectors that will last 10 years ready to be installed for free for anyone who needs them in the Wichita, Derby, and Andover areas!
After working in Wichita, Andover and Derby for 17 years we know that bad things can happen to good people. Flooded basements, electrical fires, health problems possibly caused by mold growth. As Ben Franklin said "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" which is why we want to help you be ready for whatever happens.
The American Red Cross has been a beacon of hope for those in need since 1881. That’s why SERVPRO is proud to be national partners with the American Red Cross and have dedicated our time and resources to the Disaster Responder partnership program which seeks to educate people on disaster preparedness, raise money for supplies to support those struck by disaster, and engage our Wichita community in hoping for the best but planning for the worst. This partnership is not only at the national level, but here at the local level as well! Here in Wichita we have installed many smoke detectors in the homes of people who need them and are looking for more homes to help in.
Here are some fire prevention and safety tips provided by the American Red Cross:
- Always keep an eye on food that is frying, grilling, or broiling
- Keep flammable materials away from the stove
- Use a timer to remind you that food is cooking
- Install smoke alarms on every floor of your home
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarm at least once a yearor if it starts chirping (which is a warning that the battery is low)
- Press the test button regularly to make sure your smoke alarm is functioning properly
- Talk with your children about smoke alarms, what they sound like and how to respond when they hear one
- Always have an escape plan ready between you and your family
- Know of two ways to escape every room in your home
- Make sure your family knows a meeting place outside of the home
- Practice your escape plan at least twice a year
- Teach your family about STOP, DROP, AND ROLL if their clothes were to catch fire
In the Event of a Fire:
- Get out, stay out, and call 911
- Always crawl low to the ground, under smoke
- If closed door handled are warm to the touch, do not open it,use your second way out of room
- If your exits are blocked in by smoke or fire, stay in the room with the door closed, placing a wet towel under the door and call 911. Open the window and wave a brightly colored colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help
If you know anyone who could use a new smoke detector as well as disaster preparedness materials and information give us a call. Whether it be an elderly person who can't physically monitor their smoke detectors or a young family who can't afford new smoke detectors or anyone else (seriously everyone qualifies) we would like to help them absolutely free. Even though we get paid to clean up after disasters we would rather not see them happen at all in the city we love so much.
SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita Mold Remediation News And Updates
Call Us Today – 316-684-6700