Should you get your Ducts Cleaned?
When it comes to taking care of your home the list of chores never stops. One thing many people overlook is cleaning their HVAC, furnace and ducts. Over time the air that circulates throughout the system deposits all kinds of dirt and particulates throughout the system which increase your heating/cooling costs, hurts respiratory health (especially in asthmatic people), increase allergies, cause odor, and creates a breeding ground for mold, fungi and bacteria.
Here at SERVPRO of Northeast Wichita we have cleaned ducts in and around the Wichita area in projects ranging from small trailers to 10 story commercial buildings. No matter how big or small your ducts are we are Here to Help. But when should you consider cleaning your Ductwork?
When to get your ducts cleaned
- It is recommended to clean your ducts every 3 to 5 years
- Dust begins appearing shortly after cleaning
- Musty or bad odors surface when your HVAC system comes on
- If there is a significant dust, dirt or other particulate build up on the inside of your ductwork
- TIP: take a camera or phone and take a picture of the insides of the duct work to get a better view
- If anyone living in the home has serious asthma or allergies
- After a home improvement project that created a lot of dust
Why Should You Call?
- Cleaning your ducts makes your heating and cooling systems work more efficiently saving you money by using less electricity
- Improved respiratory health of all homes occupants (especially asthma and allergy sufferers)
- To treat or prevent the buildup of mold, bacteria, fungus, and mildew in the air ducts
- Unpleasant odor due to HVAC turning on.
The services offered remove any mold or other contaminants providing a clean air circulation throughout your home.
Here at SERVPRO we use negative pressure to clean your HVAC system as recommended by the National association of duct cleaners. When looking at companies to clean your ducts make sure that they use negative pressure as part of their process. Otherwise it is likely that the process is simply agitating and dislodging particulate build up and possibly decreasing air quality and HVAC efficiency.
Call us today, (316) 684-6700 for more information and to schedule your air duct cleaning appointment!